Breakfast Bites #PANFan

7.19.2015

“I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”

Breakfast Bites via hwescott.blogspot.com

Let me just be real with you for a minute.  I hate frying things.  Mainly because I don't do it often, so I'm always afraid I'm going to mess it up!  But these were SO easy... it's a pretty simple process.. I was impressed with myself, actually.  We dipped these in some warm maple syrup, and they were delicious.. they're weren't greasy, the breading was nice and fluffy.  Perfection.

I've partnered up with P.A.N. Cornmeal with show you how versatile cornmeal can be.  Last month I posted about Homemade Pupusas - if you haven't checked those out, you need to!  They're so good, I actually have them on the menu for dinner later this week.  And today I have these fun Breakfast Bites that you can make for breakfast, brunch.. or even dinner, if you're a breakfast-for-dinner kind of person like me!  I hope this inspires you to get in the kitchen and try something you haven't tried before!

Stay on the lookout, because I have another yummy P.A.N. recipe coming in August!  :)

Breakfast Bites via hwescott.blogspot.com

Breakfast Bites
adapted from Chow 
  • 12 breakfast sausage links
  • 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
  • 1 cup P.A.N. Cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tbsp real maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 12 candy apple craft sticks (optional)

Cook sausages according to package, then set aside.

Pour oil into a large, heavy-bottomed pot.  Heat over medium-high until heated through.  Meanwhile, insert craft stick into each sausage (optional).  If you decide against the sticks, use tongs to dip the sausage link in the batter.

When oil is ready, whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.  Then whisk in the milk, eggs, maple syrup, and granulated sugar until thoroughly combined.  Pour some batter into a tall glass, leaving 1 inch of room at the top.  

Using tongs (or holding on the the stick, if you chose to use them), evenly dip a sausage into the glass of batter and rotate until completely covered.  Immediately place into the hot oil.  Repeat with 3 more sausages.  Fry, turning occasionally, until golden.. about 2-3 minutes.  Transfer the breakfast bites to a paper towel lined plate using tongs.  

Repeat with remaining sausages.  Serve immediately, with a side of real maple syrup for dipping!

Breakfast Bites via hwescott.blogspot.com

For a wide variety of recipes using P.A.N. Cornmeal, visit the P.A.N. tumblr page.  #PANFan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!