Snow Days

2.25.2015

We are on our third "snow day" of the week.  I woke up this morning annoyed that school was once again canceled.. but I think I'm just antsy and ready to have this baby boy.  I'm 38 weeks now and in complete discomfort.  I'm to the point where I'm done nesting - I'm too tired.  My hips and legs hurt, I sleep okay up until about 3am, and my belly is so so tight.  I don't think it's possible for it to stretch any more (although I've been lucky enough to evade any stretch marks once again.. so far).  I think I'm just anxious for everything - wondering when exactly I will go into labor, hoping I have time to get Clara where she needs to go before I head to the hospital, etc.  I know it will all work out either way.  And I'm not the only one who's anxious - Clara keeps asking almost every day now when baby brother will be here.. and I have no doubt that my husband is tired of listening to me huff and puff.  I'm just going to go ahead and be thankful its not 100 degrees outside like it was when Clara was born.

Anyway, I thought about it this morning.. and after being annoyed about the snow day, I decided I needed to be thankful.  And I am.  Thankful for these few extra days with my girl before this new little one arrives.  Time for just me and her.  I'm a little worried with how she will be when a newborn is taking up a lot of my time.. but again, I know everything will be okay.  Tuesday I took her out to the nail salon.. and I got a pedicure.. and she had her toes and nails painted.  She thought she was pretty special.. she got to sit in these fun "big girl chairs" and all.  ;)  As she sat next to me while they finished up my pedicure, she was smiling at her sparkly pink fingers and then she turns to me and says "I love you, Mama".. heart.. melt..

On Monday we had enough snow to go out and play in.. Clara was so excited as she was watching it fall from the kitchen window.  :)



Wesson loved the snow, too.  It was pretty funny to watch him run around in it.  He's a big pain in my rear, but he's pretty cute covered in snowflakes, don't you think?  And Clara would have shoveled snow up all day if I let her.  



The snow is all melted now, it never does last long down here.. and it's suppose to be back up to the 50's next week.  At least I won't have to be worried about driving on icy roads if I go into labor (at least for right now).. and I'm hoping labor comes sooner rather than later!  I'd totally be okay with not seeing week 40...

PS- Don't forget to enter my current giveaway here (ends 3/4/15).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!