Homemade 'Greek' Pizza {recipe}

10.31.2011

I love pizza.  But I do get bored with the plain ol' 'pepperoni and sausage' or whatever.  When I found a decent pizza dough to try out, I knew exactly what kind of pizza I wanted to make -- Greek!  Artichokes and feta cheese... mmmm.  I have quite a few of homemade pizza ideas I want to try, so we may just start having "Homemade Pizza Friday's"... sounds like a good tradition to me!  ;)

I highly recommend trying this one out.  Does anyone else like to make their own pizza at home?  What kind of pizza do you like to make?



Homemade 'Greek' Pizza
recipe adapted from here and here
  • Olive Oil Dough
  • 1 head of garlic, cloves removed and peeled
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh dill (you can liberally sprinkle on some dried dill, if that's all you have)
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 small can of artichoke hearts, chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • a hand full of cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 1 roasted red pepper, cute into slices
  • 3/4 to 1 cup of feta cheese

Prepare your pizza dough per instructions.   'Pre-roast' your garlic cloves (tossed in some olive oil) for about 15 minutes @ 375 F. I also took this time to squeeze out the moisture in the artichokes with a paper towel.

After your garlic cloves are done 'pre-roasting', bump up your oven temperature to 425 F.

Once your dough is prepared and ready, roll into your desired shape and brush with olive oil.  Pre-cook your dough for 3-5 minutes.

Then, top with some fresh (or dried) dill, then layer on mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, red onion, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and feta. Scatter the semi-roasted garlic cloves over top.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is golden and crust is lightly browned.  Top with a handful of fresh dill before serving.  ENJOY.  :)

(note: some Greek 'kalamata' olives.. or some different herbs or spices might be good on this... get creative!)

4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. I love those ingredients on a pizza! Homemade always tastes so good. Cute blog and you are and your husband looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, meant to say you and your husband are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I have always been afraid to make my own pizza dough, but your picture makes me want to try! Looks like my kind of pizza! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was always afraid do -- but I promise you can do it! Go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!