Double Decker Confetti Brownies {recipe}

10.04.2011

I am wiped out.  My flight back home to Korea was good and uneventful (just the way I like it).. but it was also tiring.  Sorry for the lack of posts, but dealing with some major jet-lag with my baby girl.. as well as myself.. and trying to get everything unpacked (I went to the states with one suitcase and came back with three).. spending time with my husband, and trying to get back into a 'routine'.. well, that's pretty much eating up a lot of my time.  So right now it's 4am and baby girl is wide-eyed and bushy-tailed.. me, not so much.. but I thought I'd try to get this post up.  This recipe is too good not to share. 

These brownies are delicious and fun if you're looking to make something a tad different.  :)  I got this recipe from my Momma... and I made them for a 'contest' at church while I was visiting my parents back home (oh.. and these brownies won;).  Of course all the brownies there were yummy.. I really don't think there's such a thing as a bad brownie.  But these are also pretty to look at, too.  ;)



Double Decker Confetti Brownies
recipe from my Momma :)

  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups flour, divided
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 cup M&M's, divided (mini or regular)

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Lightly grease 13x9 baking pan; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and sugars until light & fluffy;  beat in eggs and vanilla.  Then, in a medium bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt;  blend into creamed mixture. Divide batter in half.

Blend together cocoa and melted butter; stir into one half of the dough.  Then, spread cocoa dough evenly into baking pan.  Stir remaining 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup M&M's into remaining dough; spread evenly over cocoa dough.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup M&M's.

Bake 25 to 30 min. or until edges start to pull away from sides of pan.  Cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!